PE and Sports Premium
The PE and Sports Premium is a funding stream from the government that aims to help primary schools ensure that children have access to high quality PE and sports activities.
The purpose of the funding is to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sports activity that our school provides
- Build capacity and ensure improvements are sustainable
Each class in our school has weekly PE lessons incorporating the National Curriculum objectives and covers the following:
- Indoor and outdoor sports such as – football, rugby, cricket, hockey, netball
Our school regularly participates in a range of competitive sports events allowing our children the opportunity to compete with other schools within our Trust as well as other local schools.
By the time children leave our school, they have had the opportunity to benefit from swimming lessons allowing us to secure the following outcomes for children:
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- use a range of strokes effectively [for example, front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke]
- perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
Please see below our Sports Premium Funding documents.
At Knockhall Primary, we are proud of our PE and Sports provision which was reflected in achieving SILVER for the School Games Mark Award (2021/2022).
The School Games Mark Award is a government led award scheme launched in 2012, facilitated by the Youth Sports Trust to reward and recognise school's engagement in the School Games against a national benchmark and to celebrate keeping young people active.
We are very proud of our pupils for their dedication to all aspects of physical activity and school support. As a school, we are committed to using the School Games to engage those who have not previously been active or had the chance to represent our school in order to try and ensure that all pupils have a positive experience and want to try a new activity - in school and beyond, in our community.
In order to achieve the Schools Mark Award, our school had to fulfil criteria in the areas linked to the five School Games outcomes and we are delighted that this hard work has been recognised. Next step - Gold!